1. Eligibility. By using the COMPANY Services, you represent and warrant that: (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 13 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the COMPANY Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
2. User Representations and Warranties. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, your postings to the Website user access area (collectively, “Contribution”). When you create or make available a Contribution, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- the creation, distribution, transmission, public display and performance, accessing, downloading and copying of your Contribution does not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights of any third party;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to your Contribution, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to viewers any required terms;
- your Contribution does not contain any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code or other harmful or destructive content;
- your Contribution is not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable, libelous or slanderous, does not advocate the violent overthrow of the government of the United States, does not incite, encourage or threaten immediate physical harm against another, does not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your Contribution does not contain material that solicits personal information from anyone under 18 or exploit people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, and does not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography or otherwise intended to protect the health or wellbeing of minors;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to make available the Contribution, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to your Contribution;
- your Contribution does not violate any state or federal law designed to regulate electronic advertising;
- your Contribution does not amount to trolling, or the making of controversial statements for the sole purpose of generating responses by others;
- your Contribution does not constitute, contain, install or attempt to install or promote spyware, malware or other computer code, whether on COMPANY’s or others computers or equipment, designed to enable you or others to gather information about or monitor the online or other activities of another party;
- your Contribution does not inundate the Website with communications or other traffic suggesting no serious intent to use the Website for its stated purpose;
- your Contribution does not otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of this Agreement or any applicable law or regulation; and
- your Contribution does not contain pictures, data, audio or visual files, or any other content that is excessive in size, as determined by COMPANY in its sole discretion.
3. Prohibited Activities.
You may not access or use the Website for any other purpose other than that for which COMPANY makes it available. Certain activities, even if legal, may violate the common rules of etiquette governing Contributions, as determined by COMPANY in COMPANY’s sole discretion. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal or tortuous activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any user to buy or sell any products or services;
- transmitting chain letters or junk email to other users;
- using any information obtained from the Website in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent;
- engaging in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Website or the networks or services connected to the Website;
- attempting to impersonate another user or person;
- using the username of another user;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- using any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- displaying an advertisement, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the Website on behalf of that person, such as posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose; and
- using the Website in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
4. Passwords. When you create an account with the Website, you will be asked to supply a password. You must keep your password confidential, and are responsible for all use of your password and account.
5. Intellectual Property Rights. The content on the Website, except for all content created by users (“Contribution”), including without limitation, all text, graphics, and code ("Materials") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to COMPANY, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Materials on the Website are provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. COMPANY reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Materials. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Materials other than expressly permitted by COMPANY, including any use, copying, or distribution of third parties’ materials obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the Materials for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Materials or enforce limitations on use of the Website or the Materials therein.
6. COMPANY’s Right to Manage the Website and Terminate Users.
- 6.1 COMPANY Website Management. COMPANY reserves the right but does not have the obligation to: (a) monitor the Website for violations of this Agreement; (b) take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in COMPANY's sole discretion, violates this Agreement, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities; (c) in COMPANY’s sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to or availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any user’s Contribution or any portion thereof that may violate this Agreement or any COMPANY policy; (d) in COMPANY’s sole discretion and without limitation, notice or liability to remove from the Website or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to COMPANY’s systems; (e) terminate the accounts of repeat infringers; and (f) to otherwise manage the Website in a manner designed to protect the rights and property of COMPANY and others and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Website.
- 6.2 COMPANY’s Right to Terminate Users. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO, IN COMPANY’S SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE TO, ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the COMPANY Services or are a User. You may terminate your use or participation at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the website COMPANY may terminate your use or participation at any time, without warning. Even after your use and participation is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16.
8. Non-commercial Use by Users. The COMPANY Services are for the personal use of Users only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by COMPANY. You shall not do the following without the express written consent of COMPANY: (a) make any unauthorized use of the COMPANY Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email; and (b) engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website.
9. Copyright Policy. COMPANY will terminate the account and access rights of any repeat infringer. If you are a copyright owner or the legal agent of a copyright owner, and you believe that any User submission or content on the Website infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the COMPANY Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Notice.
10. Modifications. COMPANY may modify this Agreement from time to time. COMPANY will alert all users with whom it maintains email information of such modifications by means of an email to their most recently provided email address. Any and all changes to this Agreement will also be reflected on the Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the COMPANY Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you regularly review this Agreement and keep your contact information current to ensure you are informed of any changes.
11. Disputes Between Users. You are solely responsible for your conduct. COMPANY reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
12. Payment Terms; Orders; Errors; Pricing: Terms of payment are within COMPANY'S sole discretion, and unless otherwise agreed to by COMPANY, payment must be received by COMPANY prior to COMPANY'S acceptance of an order. Your order is subject to cancellation by COMPANY, in COMPANY's sole discretion. COMPANY is not responsible for pricing, typographical, data, technical or other errors caused by COMPANY or third party (including hacking or any type of data breach) in any offer by COMPANY and reserves the right to cancel any orders resulting from such error. All prices are subject to change without notice.
13. Warranties: Warranties may be provided by the original manufacturer or supplier but not by COMPANY. COMPANY makes no express warranties.
14. Return Policies; Exchanges: COMPANYS return policy can be found at http://www.jcmotors.com/t-JCReturn.aspx and you agree to those terms. You must contact us directly before you attempt to return product to obtain a Return Material Authorization Number (RMA) for you to include with your return. You must return product to us in its original condition and packaging. You are responsible for risk of loss, shipping and handling fees for returning or exchanging product.
15. Coupons & Discounts: COMPANYS coupons and discount codes can be taken at time of checkout with valid code and applies to the purchase amount of product only. Coupons and discounts can not be combined with any other offers, have no cash value and expire according according to each individual offer. Exclusions may apply to brands with advertising policies that prohibit discounting and these exclusions are subject to change without notice.
16. Disputes with COMPANY. All disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including its formation, performance, or alleged breach) or your access to or use of the Materials, Contributions and Website, including without limitation your or others’ downloading or consumption of Materials or other materials available by means of the Website or third party websites, your uploading Contributions to the Website, or your purchasing of goods or services from third parties, will be exclusively resolved under confidential binding arbitration held in Orange County before and in accordance with the rules of JAMS. Notwithstanding the foregoing, COMPANY will have the right to seek injunctive relief to enforce this Agreement or to stop or prevent an infringement of proprietary or other third party rights. In the event of litigation or to compel arbitration or to enforce an arbitration award under this Section, or to obtain an injunction under this Section, the parties hereby irrevocably consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Orange County This Agreement will be interpreted exclusively by California law.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO ACCEPT THE BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISIONS CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION YOU MUST NOTIFY US IN WRITING WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER REGISTERING WITH THE WEBSITE BY SENDING US AN EMAIL AT JCMOTORS@JCMOTORS.COM. IF YOU NOTIFY US BY THAT TIME THAT YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISIONS CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION, YOU MAY CONTINUE TO USE THE STREAMING VIDEO PORTION OF THE WEBSITE; HOWEVER, YOUR REGISTRATION WILL BE CANCELLED AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE INTERACTIVE FEATURES OF THE WEBSITE. IF YOU ELECT TO CONTINUE USING THE STREAMING VIDEO PORTION OF THE WEBSITE AFTER GIVING COMPANY SUCH NOTICE, YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT EXCEPT FOR THE BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISIONS CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION.
17. Disclaimers. COMPANY cannot control the nature of the content available on the Website. By operating the Website, COMPANY does not represent or imply that COMPANY endorses any blogs, Contributions or other content available on or linked to by the Website, including without limitation content hosted on third party websites, or that COMPANY believes Contributions, blogs or other content to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (A) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (B) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (C) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (D) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE, (E) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (F) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND COMPANY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
18. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, COMPANY'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO COMPANY FOR THE COMPANY SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
19. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold COMPANY, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your Contributions, use of the COMPANY Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Contribution that you post on the COMPANY Website or through the COMPANY Services causes COMPANY to be liable to another.
20. Other. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and COMPANY regarding the use of the COMPANY Services. The failure of COMPANY to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision or part of a provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
JC Motors (“Company”) respects the privacy of its users whether they use the COMPANY.com website (“
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. COMPANY does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Gathering, Use and Disclosure of Non-Personally-Identifying Information
Users of the Website Generally
“ Non–Personally–Identifying Information” is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person or entity. “
Personally–Identifying Information,” by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that, without more, can be directly associated with a specific person or entity.
Like most website operators, COMPANY gathers from users of the Website Non-Personally-Identifying Information of the sort that Web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes the user’s Internet Protocol (“
IP”) address, operating system and browser type, and the locations of the Web pages the user views right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving the Website.
JC Motors has implemented Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). Visitors may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. JC Motors will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that is based on the DoubleClick cookie without robust notice of, and the user's prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger.
COMPANY analyzes Non–Personally–Identifying Information gathered from users of the Website to help COMPANY better understand how the Website is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, COMPANY is able to better design the Website to improve users’ experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. From time to time, COMPANY may also release the Non–Personally–Identifying Information gathered from Website users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website.
Web Cookie” is a string of information that a website stores on a user’s computer, and that the user’s browser provides to the website each time the user submits a query to the site. COMPANY uses Web Cookies to track the pages that users visit during each Website session, both to help COMPANY improve users’ experiences and to help COMPANY understand how the Website is being used.
As with other Non–Personally–Identifying Information gathered from users of the Website, COMPANY analyzes and discloses in aggregated form information gathered using Web Cookies, so as to help COMPANY, its partners and others better understand how the Website is being used. COMPANY does not attempt to link information gathered using Web Cookies to Personally-Identifying Information.
COMPANY USERS WHO DO NOT WISH TO HAVE WEB COOKIES PLACED ON THEIR COMPUTERS SHOULD SET THEIR BROWSERS TO REFUSE WEB COOKIES BEFORE ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT CERTAIN FEATURES OF THE WEBSITE MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITHOUT THE AID OF WEB COOKIES. WEBSITE USERS WHO REFUSE WEB COOKIES ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY.
Web Beacon” is an object that is embedded in a web page that is usually invisible to the user and allows website operators to check whether a user has viewed a particular web page. COMPANY may use Web Beacons on the Website to count users who have visited particular pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web Beacons are not used to access users’ Personally-Identifying Information; they are a technique COMPANY may use to compile aggregated statistics about Website usage. Web Beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides.
You may not decline Web Beacons, however, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. Third parties are not permitted to use Web Beacons on the Website.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personally–Identifying Information
As defined above, Personally-Identifying Information is information that can be directly associated with a specific person or entity. COMPANY collects a range of Personally-Identifying Information from and about Website users. Much of the Personally–Identifying Information collected by COMPANY about users is information provided by users themselves at the time they sign up to submit materials for a Website interactive program. That information includes each user’s name and contact information. The rest is information that users provide indirectly through their participation in Ridersmix.com.
Users of the Website are under no obligation to provide COMPANY with Personally–Identifying Information of any kind, with the caveat that a user’s refusal to do so may prevent the user from using certain Website features.
BY REGISTERING WITH THE WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONALLY–IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS “COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY–IDENTIFYING INFORMATION” SECTION.
On-line Forums and Blogs
Certain Personally-Identifying Information collected from users is disclosed as a matter of course as a result of those users’ use of the Website. There are risks involved in dealing with strangers, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Website. We expect that you will use caution and common sense when using the Website. USERS ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM THEIR VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION.
DMCA Infringement Notifications, Notices of Violations of Website Terms of Service and Other Communications Directed to COMPANY, Inc.
By submitting a Copyright Infringement Notification, Counter-Notification or other communication (including communications about content stored on or transmitted through the Website) you consent to have such communication forwarded to the person or entity who stored or transmitted the content addressed by your communication, in order to facilitate a prompt resolution. For Notices of Violations of Website Terms of Service or other communications (but not DMCA Infringement Notifications), upon request COMPANY will edit out your name and contact information. However, DMCA Infringement Notifications (including any personally identifiable information set forth in the Notifications) will be forwarded as submitted to COMPANY without any deletions.
- By Law or to Protect Rights - COMPANY discloses Personally–Identifying Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when COMPANY believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of COMPANY, third parties or the public at large.
- Marketing Communications - If users opt-in to receive COMPANY marketing materials upon registration, COMPANY will email users about products and services that COMPANY believes may be of interest to them. COMPANY also will provide users’ email information to third parties, so that those third parties may directly contact users about additional products and services. If a user wishes to opt-out of having their email information provided to third parties at any time after registration, they may do so by sending COMPANY an email at email@example.com. Even after opting-out, a user may continue to receive marketing emails from third parties to whom COMPANY already has provided the user’s email information. Users will be responsible for directly contacting such third parties to request cessation of further marketing emails.
Contests, Giveaways and Surveys
Email to Friends Feature and Referral Program
COMPANY offers users the ability to send friends emails about the Website. If users choose to use this feature, be assured that COMPANY only uses friends' email addresses on a one-time basis to send the requested email.
Collection and Use of Information by Third Parties
This policy is effective as of and was last updated on May 1st, 2007.